I love the beach. I take the boys to the beach as often as I can, by myself or with friends. For the past few years, I have taken them to the beach the last week before school starts, even though one of my children has some issue that is of late being described as Sensory Integration Dysfunction ("SID"). What this means is that he has a hard time processing his senses and does best in a consistent environment. Of course, I'm convinced a trip to the beach can solve all problems. Can a consistent environment really be better than salt air, sand and water?
We are on our annual week before school trip and we're in the middle of tropical storm Fay. I offer to take my kids to Disney World (of course before I check the weather and find out the storm is heading directly to Orlando) to get them away from the rain. They said, "No." NO? Thinking I didn't hear them correctly, I repeat, "Hey, want to go to Disney World tomorrow?" The whiny answer from all three, "Nooooo. We want to stay here and just play. Isn't this the last week before school? Dad isn't here. Can't we wait for Dad?" I'm stuck between being concerned that they no longer understand their native language and being impressed by this unusual expression of kindness. Hurray for kindness; however, I am watching for alien ships on the horizon.
Since I expect more rain tomorrow, I'll have plenty of time to write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment